Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where am I going?

Sometimes I ask myself this question. I know my husband asks it of himself all the time. I graduated high school in 2000. I immediately began college at BSU. I told all of my friends, or rather preached to them that if they didn't attend college right away then they probably never would. I was a big pusher of education. I went for 4 years. Not full time all those years though, and it seemed the longer I was there, the less I cared. I went from taking a full load of classes, down to only 2 a semester, only one of which I would focus my attention on and pass. Needless to say after a few semesters of that, I lost my financial aid and consequently stopped attending. It has been 5 years since I stopped going to school. Every year we talk about me going back. I haven't done it yet mostly because I have to come up with the cash to get back in.... which is expensive and I can't afford. But now I have a daughter too. Ryan wants to go to either linemans college or helicopter school but he is our main breadwinner and cant afford not to work in order to go to school. I just wonder if we will ever figure out how to get one of us a degree of some sort so we will have a financial future for our family. The alternative looks like working the rest of our lives just to get by which is pretty bleak.

No comments:

Post a Comment