Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Memories of Past

Even though I try

I cant’ let go

Something in your eyes

Captured my soul.

And every night I

Think of what I’ve done

If I had only known

You were the one.

And every time I look into the mirror

I see myself without you there

And my lonely heart sheds tears.

Together we used to be.

Until you said that you loved me

I pushed you away

And didn’t’ care

But now I return it

To a heart that no longer cares.

If I could turn back time

If I could find a way

I’d take back all the words

That would hurt you

And you’d stay.

If I could reach the stars

I’d give them all to you

And you’d love me

Like you used to.

You’re unforgettable and

Imprinted upon my heart

Just having you near

Takes me back to my memories of you

The touch of your lips

The smooth of your skin,

The smiles of pure joy,

The uncertainty of the unknown

Undone,

The firsts,

The lasts,

How good it felt to hold you,

The back of your car,

The poetry you once wrote,

Dreams and floorplans of the future,

Holding your hand in mine

The dances,

The overnighters

Movies,

And clifftop plateaus

The flowers you gave me,

The ones I didn’t’ take,

Hikes, and swims,

You holding me in the pool,

Working out,

And wrestling,

The breaking of tools,

The concerts,

The haircuts,

And everything in between,

Its hard to know just what you have,

Until its no longer there

And you’re left with memories,

And a bag full of his hair.

I’d give anything to have

You willingly mine,

Because its only a matter of time,

Until our childhood crumbles away.

Long forgotten playground days,

Another life,

Another time,

Another memory of what was once

You and I.

Slowly fading to the back of your mind,

Until one day,’

You are blind.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.... does your friend write poetry often? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was something I wrote back when I was probably 16. I incorporated some song lyrics that I liked (incase you didn't pick that up). This was just one of many writings between myself and Matt- ahh those high school romances and the drama that ensues.

    ReplyDelete